After exploring both Open Office and Google Docs I found Open Office to be easier to use with a wealth of options. Wow! The advantage of Open Office is that it has options comparible to Microsoft Office, but is free. It is very user friendly with the icon format. The template and background choices are great. The availability of math formula symbols is super. The best part is that all documents/projects can be saved to Word, Excel, etc. I can see this as an advantage for saving homework in a format that can be used on school computers. We have had problems with kids using a different program at home and not being able to open saved documents at school. I'm sure there may be disadvantages, but I haven't used Open Office enough yet to find
them.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment